Saturday, September 11, 2010

apple orchard banana cat dance 8663!

Today, my friend Abby from school and I drove down to Lake City (the next town over, about 15 miles away) to go to the Pepin Heights Apple Orchard. She texted me early in the morning asking if I wanted to go, and even in my sleep I replied definitely! 

Sweet Tango and Honeycrisp are the two kinds that draw people to this orchard, although there are other kinds. I bought a small bag of the Sweet Tangos. I am eating one as I write this, and it is more delicious than I even expected. It is crisp, and sweet, with just a hint of tart. And the fact that it came from a local orchard instead of the Walmart produce section just makes it so much better!


There were also cider samples that grabbed all of your senses at once and forced you to buy a jug. I couldn't resist it. One sip, and you close your eyes, unable to deny that this is how cider should be. Looking forward to hotting some up on the upcoming chilly nights!

1 comment:

  1. awesome awesome! we got some maple syrup from a little farm in VT while we were up there; got to talk to the farmer's wife for a while, about everything they do (ie: 150 cows, seven hundred gallons of syrup...). it's fun and good to buy fresh food from smaller producers! yay :-)

    ReplyDelete