Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My favorite time of day

Being back in school, and actually having a schedule of daily 8am-4pm instead of scattered classes here and there, I have revived the old tradition of the "after school snack." It is a wonderful way to unwind after classes but before starting up work at home, since it is still a few hours before dinner.

Today's (and most days lately) snack is cheese on triscuits. I should admit that the triscuits are actually the Target brand kind. Although I am a very loyal triscuit eater, I decided that a box of fake triscuits at half the price of a box of real triscuits was something I should at least try. They aren't quiiiite there, but add the cheese and its just fine. Anything salty and crunchy is my comfort food, especially popcorn. But triscuits run a very close second to popcorn. Townhouse crackers with cheese will do in a pinch.

(Note: I made it black and white in order to appear classier. Also, yes, I have 9, because when my food is square-shaped I am more OCD than usual)


In other news, the weather has taken a turn for the colder, and the locals are assuring me that A. this is unseasonably chilly, and B. it really is still summer. I'm sorry, when its in the 50s, its Fall.
I'm dreading the winter, and I'm expecting it to get a lot worse before it gets better. I'm counting down the days until March.

2 comments:

  1. 1-- I miss you
    2-- I spent a lot of today thinking of things we should do together whenever we get a chance
    3-- how late can I call you?
    4-- perhaps any uniformly shaped food calls for ocd behavior
    5-- b&w is certainly classier
    6-- It might be April... or May before it's "warm" there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were there, I would buy you the real crackers. And make your snack for you.

    ReplyDelete