Saturday, November 13, 2010

Snow!

Two posts in two days? Unthinkable! But today marks the first snow of the year, and I always think thats a big deal. The times I miss my Maryland childhood the most are summer when its perfect for sailing, and this day: the first snow. Because no matter how much a pain in the butt snow is to a working adult, I can't help but get excited when I wake up and see the white sky outside and run to the window to see if there is any snow on the ground.  If I was a kid at home, Dad would've gotten the sleds down from the attic last night, and we would've turned our pajamas around backwards to help things along.

Then we'd go out and play in the snow.

What would we do? Play. What an odd concept that is nowadays. No one ever goes outside just to run around. It has to be justified as exercise. Or maybe, in the future, playing with the kids. But, never just playing for the sake of playing.

I doubt this snow will stay around very long. But next snow... I'm gonna play.
(and then I'm gonna come inside and drink a lot of hot chocolate with marshmallows)

No comments:

Post a Comment