Monday, August 30, 2010

brief escape

I'm going to keep y'all on hold for a little while longer on parts 2 - 4 on the interesting events series. Curtains are frustrating and not happening yet, and I'm still perfecting the lemon pepper bread recipe, and although I've been biking I did not get very good pictures because it was too late in the day to get the fluffy cow-clouds milling about, like I wanted. To it's credit, the midwest is wide and beautiful, and it has beautiful skies and clouds.

This weekend I went to Omaha to visit a handsome gentleman whom I love. It was a lot of fun, up until the last 6 hours (which was the ride back) My check engine light came on about 20 minutes into the drive. (it had been fine all the way down, even to Lincoln and back)
It was downhill from there. As long as I was on the highway and cruising, it was fine. Anything different, any time it had to shift, it freaked out. I worried the whole time about being stuck on the side of the road in a state where the only phone numbers I have are people in Minneapolis.
I limped into town, and this morning it wouldnt start. I got a ride to class from one of my neighbors and made it just in time to take the test that we had!

Come to find out later in the afternoon that the check engine light had nothing to do with the troubles it was having, which was that the transmission (that left me on the side of the road last summer, if you remember) was trashed, and they said it was a miracle that I made it back to Red Wing.I was quite thankful for that miracle, because as much as I wouldn'tve minded being trapped in Nebraska with my honey, I have classes that I can't afford to miss. Plus, if I had broken down anywhere along the way, I don't know anyone in this part of the country that it wouldn't take hours to come rescue me.

But, fortunately I have many offers for rides to school until my car is fixed, and a very smart dad who can talk to the car-fix-it people and get done what needs to be done.

And, I'm starting a collection of car-fix-it places. Pretty soon I'll know every shop in the country. I should just save myself time and have that be the first thing I look up whenever I move to a new town.

Coming Soon:
Classes and other Violiny Projects!



No comments:

Post a Comment