Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 in retrospect

What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Lots of things! Went on a cruise, went snorkeling, finished my Christmas shopping by July, and moved alone to a state where I didn’t know more than two people.

Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any in 2010, because I never keep them. But I think I will this year – I’m going to make goals for 2011 to finish specific things, rather than vague ideas of losing weight and writing more.
My main goal for 2011 is putting together a guest entertainer show.

What countries did you visit?
Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico.

What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Hah, 2010 has been a pretty good year. I would say maybe more stability, instead of a whole lot of transition. I look forward to moving into an apartment that I don’t plan to move out of within a year.

What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory?
April 4th. December 29th.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
The cruise was fun, but moving to Minnesota by myself was really hard, and it has taken a lot more strength and adapting than I expected. I don’t know what exactly I expected, but I think I just didn’t give it very much thought before I did it.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
I’ve actually been way more healthy this year than ever! I got a huge cold in the middle of May. Emotionally, I recently suffered a large injury. But I will recover.

What was the best thing you bought?
Probably my bam violin case. It’s super light, and since I was travelling so much, it was really convenient to not kill my shoulder when carrying it around so much. Oh, and my new violin bow in august, it made me enjoy practicing a lot more.

Where did most of your money go?
Violinmaking tools.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The cruise, of course. Being able to travel so much from the comfort of living on the ship was just awesome.

What song will always remind you of 2010?
“I’ve Got a Feelin” Black Eyed Peas. And “Maybe We Should Fall in Love” by Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers.

Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? I filled this out last week, and I said happier. But I have to change it now. I am just as much a mess this time this year as this time last year.
thinner or fatter? Thinner, but not by much.
richer or poorer? About the same – still poor.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Playing the violin.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Facebook.

How did you spend Christmas?
In Maryland, with my family.

Did you fall in love in 2010?
I did.

What was your favorite TV program?
I have to say 30 Rock is my favorite. I just love the characters. Runners up would be: Arrested Development and How I Met Your Mother. Oh, and Family Guy never fails to cheer.

What was the best book you read?
I really enjoyed the girl with the dragon tattoo series.

What was your greatest musical discovery?
Regina Spektor. David Garrett. Mumford & Sons.
Also, I hate to be dorky, but I re-fell-in-love-with Mozart.

What did you do on your birthday?
Ate pizza and played scrabble!

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lottery :)

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
“smart casual”

What kept you sane?
cheese, 30 Rock, tea, Matty, and Lauren.

Who was the best new person you met?
I met so many wonderful new people this year! Favorites include: Michael, Matty and Ashley, Lauren, Chad, Abby, the Dans, and Nik!

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
“When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did.”

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
This one.

2 comments: