Thursday, December 16, 2010

9

I almost didnt post a picture today. I had nothing new to share with you. But then a package arrived in the mail, the ornaments I collected in my travels this year (and then accidentally left in Maryland when I moved to Minnesota)

People who travel a lot collect different things. A lot of people collect magnets. Some people collect shot glasses. Some collect salt shakers. Some collect currency.

I collect Christmas tree ornaments.
Here are my ornaments from 2010:
Cartegena, Colombia - We boarded the ship in March in Cartegena. We went from chilly Washington DC to muggy, humid Colombia. It was unreal, and we had many adventures leading up to it!
Cayman Islands - Unfortunately, I hadn't decided to collect ornaments before we went here. But it's a good memory - my first time swimming in water you could see through.
Puntarenas, Costa Rica - This was my favorite. I have very good memories here. The rocking chairs, horseback riding, the gang going ziplining, and eating so much food. the horseback riding again, and sincere thanks for not being a persnickety british girl. I will always have a fondness for Puntarenas, and I hope to go back there soon.
Panama - We only stopped here once, for about an hour, so I didnt get to see it except from the ship. Panama was one of the places I was most excited to see. My grandparents lived there in the 50s and my dad was born there. It was very humid.
Montego Bay, Jamaica - the place itself was disappointing, but the day was wonderful. It was one of my favorite days on the entire cruise.
Ketchikan, Alaska - The alaska cruises brought a change of pace. We were no longer in beach territory, but the huge mountains and lots of sunlight in an Alaskan summer. (the weather was spring-like, though)
Juneau, Alaska - repeating the same cruise 10 weeks in a row was not as exciting as the caribbean, but certainly not without its adventures.
Victoria, B.C. - This very lovely city had such charm. Good memories include: realizing that we docked too late on a thursday night to play laser tag, so we just ate a lot. Sneaking off in the 20 minutes that I had to buy Boyfriend's birthday present without him noticing. CANADA DAY.

I need to buy an ornament from Red Wing, MN, so that this time next year when I decorate my tree, I can laugh and then call up my buddies The Dans, Nik, and Abby, and wish them a Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. We have a Red Wing ornament on OUR tree. We bought it on our way out of town. It belongs to you in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, is the long run next year?

    ReplyDelete