Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 1: Meat free (also FBIHD)

Day 1 of being a vegetarian is successful. I have gotten a lot of good suggestions! I should have mentioned that I'm also going cheese-free this week, unfortunately. I went grocery shopping and my respect for vegetarians increased sevenfold. I felt that everything in the world had meat in it! Maybe I just automatically went for my usual foods, and then was dismayed to realize how many things had meat in them. In any case. Afterwards, I was talking to a dear friend who has been a vegetarian for the last eight years, who pointed out that there actually is a way bigger variety of produce, grains, dairy, etc, compared to the meat options. It allows, rather than forces, one to be creative. So. Fortunately, I have a couple people also giving up meat with me this week, so I'm not alone!

Also. My french bread turned out all right. A little flat, but still yummy, and the crust was just perfect!

aaaaand today's Fat Baby in a Hat is contributed by my wonderful brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment