Wednesday, March 30, 2011

TT: Hummus

You'll be surprised that I actually have a legitimate excuse for posting my Tasty Tuesday on wednesday this week - my internet's been down the last day and a half. It's been fun.

Anyway, this week's TT is yummy homemade hummus! (from DF)

Mix these things:

in a food processor. (two cans of garbanzo beans, half a teaspoon salt, half a lemon squeezed, a medium splash of olive oil, a medium scoop of tahini, a couple cloves of garlic)

(make sure to wash the garbanzo beans)

and use your fancy lemon squeezer to get the lemon juice:

mix it all and then taste for yumminess. And add whatever it needs (a little more salt and another tiny squeeze of lemon)

It helps to have a taste tester waiting nearby. 

(is quite yummy to toast the recent homemade french bread and dip it in the hummus)

1 comment:

  1. I'll admit, my favorite is the last photo and comment!

    I love hummus! We have some in our fridge now, but I've never tried making it... yum!

    ReplyDelete